Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome to the Army

Well, for the first time since he came home from Germany in October, I am going to bed alone and Cpl D isn't going to be coming home in the morning. He is in Yakima, Washington, in the field for 10 days of training. It is cold, rainy and snow is expected on Thursday there, and he has already text messaged me once informing me that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and they only left 12 hours ago. I am not that lonely yet, after all I have my attack cats, Patches and Paws, to keep me company, and so far they are doing a great job. Both of them are on herbal pep up supplements (as I have to put it in their communal water bowl) and let me tell you, it is amazing, they are like different animals, I am tempted to try a little myself - don't worry it is for humans too.

I am trying to think of ways to keep myself busy until Cpl D returns so I don't get too down while he is gone, so far I have purchased two new novels that I intend to read, I'm going to try one new recipe that I know he will not eat and I really want to, and I am considering getting a massage this weekend seeing as Friday is my payday, but we shall see how everything pans out. I am going to be a pathetic girl and do what I did for the 4 months between when I saw him in May and when he came home to me in October, I am sleeping with his Notre Dame sweatshirt, it gives me comfort and frankly that is all that matters, I don't care if it makes me a little pathetic, so long as I'm not crying myself to sleep or anything. Besides this is a good test for White Sands, which is supposed to be for an entire month...eeek!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have more strength than me...I can barely get through a weekend without Mr. L, much less ten days or more.
I love that you have "attack cats" to take care of you :)