Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Looking for a reason to celebrate...

2009 did not start out quite the way I would have liked. During the first week I found out that my husband is being deployed this year, I have sort of known for months, but now it is official. During the third week I found out that one of my dad's co-workers passed away, he was a very nice man and he will be missed by everyone who knew him. Exactly one week after that I found out that someone I have known my entire life passed away, and that one really hurt as it is the lady who taught me to knit and who had an amazing spirit.

I wrote on my Facebook yesterday that I needed some good news and my dad was able to put a big smile on my face when he reminded me that him and my mom will be visiting twice this month. That really cheered me up, and I really needed it.

If you have anything else going on in your lives that deserves celebrating or is in the realm of good news, please let me know because I really could use something happy right now...

3 comments:

Ken said...

I'm glad that I helped with your spirit.

The Writer said...

Oreos were on sale at the grocery store.

I bought two boxes! :)

(The little things are worth celebrating, too.)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know if it will help but many of the things you describe about the evils of lying awake at 3 a.m. and sleep deprivation and sadness sound normal, and by normal I mean only that some, if not many, of us have experienced them and can and do empathize. Never ever believe anything you think is true while lying awake in bed at 3 a.m. until the sun comes up and you can verify it!

Here's a link to a really cute picture of our cat that might be deemed cheerful. :-)

http://azklrgirl.smugmug.com/photos/439881283_KiVC7-M.jpg