Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A second one?

People in my life keep asking me if I am going to have a second baby. All I can think is, "Are you kidding? Can't I have the first one before I make a decision like that?!?" This first pregnancy has been anything but easy, even the doctors at Madigan agree that I have had a rough pregnancy, and frankly on a day when I have to go for a walk-in triage appointment for pain is not the best day to ask me that question.

To be honest, I don't know if I want to have a second one, at least I don't know right now. A year or two ago, I probably would have said I would like to have at least 2. Things change though, and now that I'm more than half done with my pregnancy and everything that has happened during it physically and emotionally, I don't know if I can go through it all again. Only time will tell I guess.

The doctor told me today that my rib cage is literally being splayed apart from all the pressure of the baby and the fact that I have a small frame. As my mom keeps telling me, I just don't have enough room inside for everything in addition to the baby. The doctor also said that the pain is going to get worse before it gets better, so until the baby is born, please don't ask me if I'm going to have a second one, because I am in no condition to make that type of determination right now!

1 comment:

Ken said...

finish the first one.