Monday, May 02, 2011

Life Goes On...

Yesterday someone died.  Someone who did horrible things to countless people died. I am not going to celebrate his death anymore than I would celebrate his life. Instead I am going to tell you that life goes on.

People in the army are still deployed, his death is not going to have them come home any earlier.  If anything, his death could mean even more deaths of American men and women as a backlash from his supporters. Life goes on for these men and women, they are still on the FOB waiting in line for a phone or a computer to talk to a loved one at home.

My daughter is still sick and we are still struggling to get a mental and emotional handle on the situation. She is still a bright light in our lives.  Her life GOES ON.

Spinning circles in her new driveway

Sgt D and I continue construction on our house. As of yesterday our closing date is May 26th and we plan to be 100% moved in (let's not talk about unpacked) by the end of Memorial Day Weekend.  Our lives GO ON.



In the big scheme of things, nothing has changed other than the "face" of evil and hate has died.  My hope and prayer for this country and for this country's soldiers is that we can find a way to move forward from this incident that does not involve the loss of anymore lives, from either side of this ongoing conflict.  Even one more death is too many.

2 comments:

Bright Angel said...

I cannot wait to see what the house looks like all moved in!!! So excited for you guys to be in your own home!

Bright Angel said...

I cannot wait to see it all moved into and decorated!! I am so excited for you guys to be in your own home!!