Saturday, April 28, 2012

Small Moments = Big Memories

I've been trying to capture moments. In my mind's eye or on my camera.  Every chance I get.

Watching them play with her dolls in her bedrooms. I watched for a good 5 minutes from her door before they realized I was there this morning. There is nothing sweeter than watching a big strong soldier playing on the floor with his 2 year old little girls dolls. It just melted my heart, for both of them.

Walking in on them building with legos, she likes to go big or go home, so everything is tall and rickety. He likes to build superstructures and she likes to destroy them. Watching them interact and play just puts a smile in my heart.

I am trying to hold on to these moments and memories, so that when I get sad and down a month from now I can remember them, and when I can discreetly take a picture and capture that moment I do. I know it will come in handy when she is missing him and I need to remind her just how much he loves her and misses her.

The other night I was particularly down and they both came in the kitchen, turned on, as Toddler D calls it "The Cars Song" and we danced for like 45 minutes together. We all had so much fun. It was a small moment in time, a passing moment, but it was a lasting memory for all of us. 


1 comment:

Bright Angel said...

Those are some of the best moments ever in life! Glad you are able to have them! :)