Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Time

I suddenly feel as though I am running out of time. Time with the people I love, time to do what I need to do during the day, time to just sit and be.

I need to do this though. I need to find time to write this.

Dear Dad,

So much has never been spoken between us. I don't think that I have ever truly conveyed to you how much your love, friendship and guidance have meant to me over the years. Even though I don't talk to you every single day, I think of you constantly. I know that if I ever need you for anything you are but a phone call, text message or email away. You have done so much for our family, not just mom, brother and me, but for my family, SSG D and Preschooler D. 

You have provided endless support in our decision to buy a house, you have helped us with our cars, you have helped us build our fence. Every time we have ever needed you, you and mom have been there for us. I honestly don't know what we would do without you.

I was just telling mom today that I haven't had enough time with you as an adult. I want more time to spend with you and get to know you and enjoy your company. Please know how much you are loved and needed.

Love,
Mrs. D

2 comments:

Michele said...

That was beautifully written. I think your Dad knows how much you love him but I am very happy you wrote this to and for him! Love you always, Mom

Ken said...

I just read this, I guess I was too sick to read it last year.

Thank you, I love all of you.

Dad