Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Good-byes

You would think by now that we would be really good at goodbyes, but truth be told, we aren't. I hate saying goodbye, even when I know he won't be gone for too long, but what I hate most is how much goodbyes bother Preschooler D. She gets so confused and doesn't really understand. It really doesn't help that at 3.5 years old her concept of time is practically non-existent beyond right now, 5 minutes ago and 5 minutes from now.

SSG D leaves on Sunday for a month, not even a whole month, but close enough. She knows he is leaving, we have been talking about it and trying to get her ready for it, but I'm just not sure if we are helping or hurting her. This morning SSG D had gone to work as usual and Preschooler D came up to me asking if I could read one of her army books, it is called "Over There" and it is to help small children cope when their parent is deployed.  Then she told me that she was really sad that her daddy was gone. I told her that he was at work for the day but would be home in time for dinner tonight. I'm not looking forward to Sunday when she wakes up and he is gone for 28 days.

We will be video chatting while he is gone and hopefully with the time difference we will be able to have dinner with him every night, just pray that they have good wifi at the hotel he will be in. I will also be trying to keep Preschooler D nice and occupied while he is away.  The busier we are the less time she will have to miss him (at least that is my plan, we shall see how it works).

So, yes, goodbyes suck. In case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, there was a hello at the end of that 28 days, and it was good.