Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Allergic to Washington?

Is it possible to be allergic to an entire state? I've been pondering this the past few months. Mainly because ever since Cpl D and I moved up here I have managed to get one bout of illness after another. I have honestly spent more time at Madigan Army Medical Center in 8 months than I have at any other hospital in my whole life, and as my family can attest to, that is darn impressive. I have been hospitalized for migraines, sinus infections, colds, and today I was informed that I most likely have pneumonia. So if it is at all possible to be allergic to a state, I think I may quite possibly be allergic to this one. It is either that or I am just so homesick for California that my body is attacking itself from the inside and will do so until Cpl D manages to get himself stationed in California. If that is indeed that case, I am in serious trouble as there are only a few duty stations in California and none of them have his MOS at them...

On another note, history was made last night and as a history major I just have to mention it on my blog. This country has nominated an African American man to run on a major political party ticket. It was an exciting night for our country and I can't wait to see what happens in November, both as a citizen of the United States and as an Army Wife, seeing as the person who is elected will be my husbands new boss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, history was made...however...lets see what lies beneath the "Change" mantra, because his past political history shows he is a hard left party line insignificant Democrat, which is unfortunate. I think its McCain's election to lose, if he war mongers, Obama will win, if he moves to the center, it will be a battle. Will be interesting to watch!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having so many problems with the state of Washington. I keep telling Mr. L I need the California sunshine and warmth to keep me sane and healthy!

How's the move? Better neighbors?