Monday, June 02, 2008

Lazy Days...

Cpl D and I usually start our days pretty early on the weekends. We are usually up before 8 and moving, getting things done, but not yesterday. We didn't get up until well after 9:30 am, which is probably the latest we have ever slept in and the day just kind of snowballed from there. On Saturday night we had rented a movie, "I Am Legend" with Will Smith, and we didn't finish the candy we got to go with our movie, so we actually had candy for breakfast. (My mother would be so ashamed of me right now.) Cpl D had Junior Mints and a Hostess Cherry Pie and I ate half a box of Red Vines. We then spent the rest of the morning and much of the afternoon packing our apartment, doing army correspondence courses and I ate lunch - much healthier tortellini and chicken as compared to the candy for breakfast, Cpl D never had lunch. We didn't even manage to take showers until 3:30 in the afternoon. It was probably our laziest day ever, even though as far as the packing goes we got a lot accomplished.
We now have a veritable barricade of boxes going through our living room. The cats are so confused, the know what boxes are at this point, having gone through enough moves by now, but the last time they didn't move with the boxes, they moved 2 months later, so they don't have a clue what's going on. On the upside, with the exception of our clothes - which aren't getting packed, and our kitchen - which is the last thing getting packed, we are done packing. That is a nice sense of relief, considering how long it took to pack last time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giggle...9:30? Heck I think that's the EARLIEST we get up on weekends when we don't have to be somewhere!

Candy for breakfast? I knew there was a reason I liked you guys.