Saturday, July 03, 2010

Change

Things change. They change all the time. In fact, change is the only real constant in life. As soon as you think you have one thing figured out it changes.  My life didn't really change today, not for better or worse, but I did make an observation about one aspect of my life, my relationships.  I have found that in the last several years a lot of the relationships that I have had all of my life have changed.  It makes me sad when I think of how those relationships have changed, and the more I think about the topic the more I realize that it isn't the relationships so much that have changed, but rather it is me that has changed.

I don't want to think that I have outgrown a relationship or a person, but maybe I just don't have the same need for certain relationships anymore. Maybe the void those relationships were filling has simply been filled with something new and I am no longer dependent on them for whatever purpose they previously served in my life. I don't know.  What I do know is that I have grown a lot and my life has pulled me in a different direction.  I know that my life will continue to change in numerous ways, maybe one day my life will change in such a way as to bring those lost relationships back into my life. Until then...I have other things in my life to fill my time and share my love with and that thought makes me very happy.

No comments: