Friday, July 02, 2010

Good Bye 20s

Today I turned 29. Which means that my 20s are officially over. Starting tomorrow I will be on the journey towards 30.  I can only imagine the crap that Sgt D is going to give me next year on my birthday. 

This past year was probably one of the happiest and saddest of my life.  This time last year my dad flew up to Washington to drive me down to California for a few weeks while Sgt D was in the field in Yakima.  The best present I received last year was from Baby D, she kicked my belly so hard that night that Sgt D was able to see her move for the first time. It was such a great gift :) 

In my 29th year I went to California 4 times. It was a record for me since getting married. I got to show Sgt D one of my favorite place in California, Lake Tahoe. He loved it so much that he asked my family if we could all go camping up there when he gets home. If that happens I have a feeling that my parents will be camping in a hotel and we will be in a tent. 

The best part of the year was November 12, 2009 at 13:26. Baby D was born and I got to share the experience with my two best friends, my husband and my mother.  She has brought so much joy into my life and I have loved watching her grow, change and discover these past 7.5 months. 

I have made some wonderful friends this past year and I have learned a lot about myself. I have learned just how much I can handle on my own and I have learned that it is ok to ask for help.  Asking for help is a hard thing for most people to do and I have learned that people cannot read your mind and will not step in/up unless you ask them to. Lucky for me there are lots of people in my life who can and will step up for me :)  I am blessed.

This has also been the hardest year of my life. I had a very difficult pregnancy, and was so excited for it to be OVER!  I have to say I will never understand women who say they love being pregnant. I most definitely loved it being over.  The saddest part of the year was on January 2, 2010, exactly 6 months ago. It was the day that Baby D and I had to say good-bye to Sgt D.  I've never had to do something so difficult in my life and I will be so happy when this deployment and war are over and behind us.

This next year I am looking forward to so much. I am looking forward to a wonderful homecoming for Sgt D. I can't wait to cook dinner for him, laugh at his dry sense of humor and fall asleep in his arms. I am looking forward to Baby D's first birthday in November.  I am looking forward to the first time Baby D sleeps through the night! I can't wait for that night, but alas, I know I will have to be patient.  I am looking forward to spending some time with both of our families over the holidays. We haven't spent the Christmas with my family ever since getting married, so I am really looking forward to it. 

Mostly though, I am just looking forward to having my entire family together again. I miss being under one roof. This whole waiting for the phone to ring is for the birds.  I hope 30 will be my best year yet, I'm not afraid of it I am looking forward to it :)

No comments: