Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day!


For the last three days I have been watching the weather for Lakewood on my Google homepage and it kept saying that it would snow. We got a little slushy rain, we got a little sunshine and we got a few clouds, but no snow. This morning CPL D (he got a promotion last Tuesday, we are totally stoked for him) and I were getting ready for work as usual, and he came into the bathroom where I was doing my hair and informed me that everything was covered in snow. The truck looked really pretty actually. I have never had a snow day in my whole life being a born and raised SF Bay Area girl, so this is all very new to me. I took my little cat Paws outside in the snow and he walked around for a little bit, then promptly ran back into the apartment, apparently it wasn't up to his spoiled house cat standards.

My boss told me to stay home this morning, I work about 20 miles from my house, and usually my commute is absolutely cake. It takes me 25 minutes, door to door, to get to my office. However, I work in Bonney Lake, at the top of the hill on highway 410 and they get the snow even worse than we get it where Cpl D and I live, so there was no way that my boss wanted me driving into the office.

I don't know what to do with myself this morning. I am guessing there will be some knitting, and some yummy breakfast making, and possibly some reading too. I'm reading "Blood Canticle" by Anne Rice (one of the only Vampire Chronicle books that I haven't read). It should be a nice morning, and if I get really bored, I can always play with the Wii.

I am really hoping though that Cpl D's unit is also released for the day. I don't like the idea of him out there driving in this stuff and I really don't like the idea of him running around in snow when he is sick. Did I mention that he was sick? He came down with something over the weekend, I am just hoping he doesn't share.

Well I'm off to have a little fun on my snow day :)

1 comment:

The Writer said...

you're so lucky to have a Snow Day!

we just had a Damn-It's-Raining-Hard-And-I'm-Afraid-To-Go-Outside Day. playing in puddles isn't so much fun-- not to mention it induces wheelchair hydroplaning.