Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bad Blogger

So I know I have been a bad blogger, it has been 3 weeks exactly since I last posted something, but I have a lot of good reasons for not having written. In the last 3 weeks I have been in the hospital for a total of seven days, not to mention we were traveling for 2 of the last three weeks and we didn't exactly have reliable Internet access the whole time. I'm sorry for not being a better blogger, but that is just how it is right now.


I have been struggling with a horrible migraine the past three weeks, thus the hospital stays, and I have discovered that while all hospitals have their issues I would pick a military hospital over a civilian one any day. The care is incredibly complete, and they believe you when you say you are still having pain. The civilian hospital couldn't solve the problem I was having, so when I went in for my second (and final visit there, on Christmas morning), they decided to accuse me of being a drug addict. MAN WERE THEY WRONG!!! I guess that is the problem I have with medicine, if you don't get the right doctor, who is going to be your advocate, then you really can be treated very poorly. I learned that the hard way.


We spent Christmas, once I was out of the hospital with Spc D's family, they are absolutely wonderful. They said that they would have me eating like a cholita in no time, if that means eating spicy foods, I'm not too sure about that, but I can proudly say that I did try everything that was given too me, even though the Chili was so hot, I thought my tongue was going to sue me for separation. While we were in New Mexico we visited with some of Spc D's friends, and we did something especially exciting for me, we went to the place that my Papa was born at, which was so amazing for me to see. We took tons of pictures, all of which are viewable on my picasa page.


When we left New Mexico, we split the driving in Spc D's old Dodge Dakota, not the most comfortable car ever, but definitely a point A to point B vehicle. Shortly after arriving in California, we bought a new car, a 2008 Toyota Tacoma, PreRunner SR5. It is silver, and currently named "The Bad Ass Truck", who knows how long that name will stick.
We made it home and have been struggling with my health issues ever since, but I am going with the notion that things cal only get better. Oh yeah, we also picked up two more members of the family while we were in California...Patches and Paws and live with us, though there are some nights when I would dearly love to kill Patches for all his crying at 2 in the morning. We are happy they are here, it gives the apartment a much homier feelings.
That is all for me, more details and everything soon, when I have a little more energy.

No comments: