Friday, December 07, 2007

Guess who's coming for dinner?



My PARENTS!!! I am so excited to see them, it feels like it has been years, when it really hasn't even been two months. This is the longest in my entire life that I have gone without seeing my parents, and considering how close I am with them, that is a really long time.


We are going to have so much fun, I have a great weekend planned for them. Today when they get here we are going to go on post, mainly because my mom has never seen a military post before, but also because we plan to do a little x-mas shopping at the PX while we are there. Then tonight we are going to have dinner in Tacoma at a restaurant called Johnny's Dock. I am pretty excited as the restaurant comes highly recommended.

Tomorrow we are going to get up early (much to the chagrin of Spc D), and head into Seattle. We are going to visit the Space Needle, and hopefully mom's fear of heights won't kick in, then we are going to head to Pike's Place for lunch, followed up with a visit to the REI flagship store in Seattle for my dad. For dinner we are going to head back into Tacoma for dinner at the Sea Grill, also highly recommended.

On Sunday, they are leaving on a 4pm flight, so I was thinking it might be fun to actually get a look at Tacoma and visit the Glass Museum there. It looks pretty awesome with live glass blowing, which has always fascinated me, every day. I can't wait to see them, and in the meantime, I better get myself in gear, I need to vacuum (again) and mop my floors before they get here. I want everything to be perfect for their visit!

No comments: