Sunday, December 02, 2007

First Snow, First Fire

When we moved up to Lakewood we asked everyone what the weather was like up here. We were told that it snows a couple of times a year and gets unbearably hot for a couple of weeks in the summer. Seeing as we are at sea level, I really wasn't sure when we would see snow...well it snowed this weekend. In fact for a couple of hours there, it was snowing bloody well hard! Spc D was surprised that it snowed long enough and got cold enough that the snow stuck, I was just in awe the entire time, having grown up in the Bay Area I have only seen snow maybe a dozen times in my life. To be perfectly honest, I never imagined myself living in a place where it was expected to snow...ever, but here I am.



The first snow brought with it our first fire. Let me tell you, we have tried to make a fire on three other occasions, but this time, like the snow, it stuck! Our apartment is warm and cozy right now, and we have my wonderful husbands made fire making skills to thank for that.



We had a lot of fun this weekend. We did the vast majority of our Christmas shopping, and what we didn't finish, we know what we are getting for those people. We also went bowling last night, we bowled a total of 8 games and with the exception of one we scored over 100 each time, we are going to aim for 150 next time. I have a feeling the bowling is going to become a regular thing for us. I have to say though, I have never seen so many guys in a bowling alley trip oer their tongues all at the same time, as I did last night. The Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders showed up to bowl a few games and sign autographs, even Spc D forgot for a few moments who he was with and ogled over them. All in all we had a great weekend, and are really looking forward to next weekend when my parents come up for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep warm! I'm not a cold person either...Mr. L keeps threatening to move to Seattle and I keep thinking "what would I do without my California sunshine?".
As for those cheerleaders...sigh, the guys will be looking when they're 90! :)