Friday, November 30, 2007

Silence is Deadly

Or is it Golden? I can't decide. The apartment complex that we live in here in Lakewood, is a really beautiful place, set right on Seeley Lake. We have a really nice first floor, 2-bedroom apartment with a little patio, and an extra storage room. I love our apartment, especially since we finally have it all set up with all of our furniture, although I would dearly love to get a few things hung on the walls...but I can wait for that. The only thing I do not love is all the noise here. We can hear everything that goes on in the apartments that surround us, so it is never really "silent"around here. I find myself listening to my iPod a lot lately, or just my playlist from my computer. I miss silence, and it is quite an adjustment for me not to have any.

As some of you know, I had a job interview yesterday, well...it must of have gone well, because I have a second interview with the same company on Tuesday next week! I am really excited about this position and feel that I am qualified for the job. It is the first time that this company will have a dedicated marketing department, and I would be running the show, actually I would be a one-woman show, but it would be a lot of fun, if nothing else. Keep your fingers crossed!

This weekend, Spc D and I are planning on heading down to Washington's state capitol, Olympia, to have a look around and to see what there is to see, but I'll tell you, I am really looking forward to next weekend, when my parents are coming up for a visit. I miss them. Actually I miss everything in California. I'm getting used to Washington, I just can't get used to the cold. Knowing my luck, by the time I adjust to the cold, the army will station us somewhere tropical!

No comments: