Friday, November 16, 2007

4 Weeks Tomorrow

As of tomorrow Spc D and I will be married for 4 weeks. They have been the best 4 weeks of my life and to be honest probably the weirdest. For the first time in my life it feels like I need permission to do everything. Not from my dear hubby, but from his job, the US Army. We need permission to go to California for Thanksgiving, permission to go to New Mexico for Chirstmas, we need permission to go further than 150 miles from the base, it is quite an adjustment for me. I'm not used to asking permission for these types of things. I mean asking for time off and showing that I have enough time saved up is one thing, but then asking permission for the destination...WOW.

Tomorrow is also 2 weeks since we have been in our new apartment. I have to say, that with the exception of some very rude neighbors, I absolutely love our new place (pictures to follow). We have a nice little two bedroom, one bath apartment with a gigantic living room and a washer & dryer in our apartment. We were completely done unpacking in about 4 days and after some furniture purchases it is set up quite nicely, if I do say so myself. All that is left is to get our bed, but some of the pieces are on backorder, so right now we are sleeping on an air mattress that is absolutely killing me. Should only be another week though before the pieces get in, so I'm not going to complain...too much.

Another very weird adjustment for me has been this whole not working thing. This is the longest since I was 18 that I have been unemployed. I know that it isn't a bad thing, and that I should really be enjoying the experience, and I am, it is just that sometimes I do not feel that I am contributing as much as I should. Luckily Spc D is wonderful, and says that we aren't going to worry about it until January, at which point, I will really need to get a job. For now with having only one car, we aren't going to panic, because he needs that car for his job, and he definitely gets priority.

More to follow, including pictures of our new place, pictures from our first trip to Seattle (on Nov. 10), and of the amazing view of Mt. Rainier from post.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, has it been four weeks already? I'm so sorry I missed your wedding. Hopefully furniture will arrive soon and you can get off that air matress!

Trevor said...

Congratulations! Sounds like things are going smashingly :-).

The Writer said...

Once the furniture arrives you should ceremonially pop the air mattress. ;)

"Die, air mattress, die!"

;)

Looking forward to reading more of your adventures!!

Unknown said...

Love the WOW moment :-) Sounds like you two are off to a great new start! Tell Mr. D Cabelas just opened: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/aboutus/retail-detail.jsp;jsessionid=PZNXVNCJFP2JBLAQBBLCCOVMCAEFAIWE?detailedInformationURL=/cabelas/en/content/community/aboutus/retail/retail_stores/lacey/lacey.html&cmCat=email&cm_ven=email-rt&cm_cat=2845&cm_ite=lacey&_requestid=40947
Cheers Mr. L

Anonymous said...

I decided to go back to the beginning and read all of your life together. It will take me a while, but I want to see the evolution of your marriage. I see you missed your 5th anniversary together. With any luck there will be many more.