Monday, November 19, 2007

Job Interview

Well...today is the big day...I have my first job interview since moving to Lakewood. I must have applied for 30+ jobs and I only heard back from 2. Apparently this is a really hard time of the year to find work unless you want to be a seasonal worker in a store, which I don't. My day started at 4:45am when I had to get up with Spc D to take him to work, well, really to PT. He is supposedly having a PT test today, I'm sure he will pass and do well, I just hope he is able to improve his score, because that will only mean more promotion points and he is less than 50 away from his SGT. I came back home from dropping him off and spent an hour laying in darkness on the couch pretending to be asleep before I finally decided to get up and start my day.

I am going to wear my black suit with my purple button up blouse and my black pumps. Spc D helped me pick out my outfit and said that I need to wear my hair curly because it makes me look more put together, I think it is because I am having lunch with him after my interview and that is how he likes me to wear my hair. Now I just have about an hour to kill before I leave for Tacoma for the first interview, I only hope there are more to follow.

In preparation for the interview, Spc D and I had a very relaxing weekend. On Friday night we saw Beowulf at the Lakewood Theatre. Spc D loved it, I actually ended up having nightmares about the creature that he kills in the beginning of the movie, but at least Spc D had a good night. On Saturday we got SPUUNY serviced, she is now good for another 30,000 miles. Spc D also worked on his correspondence courses and I read my new book, Clive Custler's "Atlantis Found". I really do love Custler's books, I can get lost in them for hours. Sunday we went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, the first time I have been away from my family and also the first time I have to do all the cooking...I think I am going to enlist Spc D to help me on Thursday. We invited over a friend of Aaron's and his wife to join us on Turkey Day, but we don't know if they will be able to join us, I hope so, it would be nice to share a meal with friends.

The best part about Turkey day is that Spc D has a 4-day weekend, so I think that we are going to drive to Mount Rainier and have a look around. It should be fun.

Well, I better get myself some breakfast and start getting ready for my interview. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!! Stop by and let me know how it goes!! You're gonna ace it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the interview! And on the Turkey (I've lucked out and never had to cook one :)