Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Do you know what time it is?


I do! Spc D bought me a beautiful new Fossil watch for our one month anniversary. Now I know what you are thinking...why do you need a new watch when you already have one that functions perfectly well? On January 1, 2007 around 3am, whilst taking a "walk" in the snow in New Mexico, I slipped on the ice and broke the face of my watch. Seven hours later I met Spc D in the Albuquerque, New Mexico Sunport. I thought many times about replacing my broken watch, but couldn't bring myself to do it because I am a sentimental fool. Now Spc D has replaced it for me, which gives my new watch that much more meaning and sentimental value. Along with that he also gave me a great card in which he wrote me a beautiful note, he really so just so wonderful, and I am really just so blessed.



My gift to Spc D was the best I could manage without access to a car. I made him our favorite Oatmeal cookies. They are perhaps the best creation on the planet and the recipe comes from one of my mom's closest friend's mom (did you follow that logic?). I would love to share the recipe, but as it is someone elses creation all I can do is share a picture of them. Let's just say that Spc D had 5 and while he considered sharing some with a few of his fellow soldiers, when I woke up this morning all the cookies that were on the plate last night are still sitting there. I guess he decided to put on a couple of pounds all by himself.


Tomorrow is Turkey Day and it is going to be the first time that I ever make Thanksgiving dinner by myself. Here is the menu: Sage infused turkey breast, my grandma's stuffing, Gulliver's creamed corn, mashed sweet potatoes from one of the 10 cookbooks I got for my bridal shower "America's Favorites: Holiday", and for desert we are having Raspberry Tea Cake, also from the same book. I will let you all know how everything turned out and include a few pictures, especially of the tea cake, I'm just hoping it is as good as the recipe sounds.
Even though I am not going to be with my family tomorrow, I still feel as though I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have found the love of my life and married him, I have an amazing family that supports me, even from 800 miles away, and the friends that I would trade for all the tea in China. I want to let all of my loved and dear ones know just how grateful I am to have them in my life. I love you all!












No comments: